If you have received a lump-sum payment from an inheritance, tax refund or commission off of a large sale, you might be wondering what the best use of that money is. One thing you should consider is paying off debt, whether it be a mortgage, auto loan or credit card debt. When you pay off debt, you are receiving a guaranteed return on your money — the amount of interest you would otherwise be paying on any outstanding balance. Depending on the type of the loan, and especially for credit cards, that return might be greater than anything you could receive by investing the money. In addition to saving interest payment, you will also repay the loan sooner, freeing up extra cash at the end.
The Institute of Financial Wellness is the first and most comprehensive multi-media network for financial education, resources, and services. In fulfilling our mission to help people “Get There” and live their best life, we deliver the following five unique value propositions:
– The industry’s most engaging, informative, and objective financial education content
– Clarity and confidence to help individuals make informed financial decisions
– Access to the IFW Network of Financial Professionals for everything financial
– Full implementation of effective, custom-tailored solutions for everyone’s unique needs
– Ongoing guidance and support to ensure maximum financial success through every stage of life