It is always a good idea to have savings tucked away for a rainy day. Emergencies such as legal or medical bills or loss of a job can all force you into ‘rainy day’ mode. Planning can make these types of events easier to handle. Determine how big your rainy day savings need to be by factoring in emergency spending needs and essential spending needs if your source of income is interrupted. Once you know what you will need, put together a plan based on your current savings, monthly savings and the number of months you want to take to build your rainy day fund.
The Institute of Financial Wellness is the first and most comprehensive multi-media network for financial education, resources, and services. In fulfilling our mission to help people “Get There” and live their best life, we deliver the following five unique value propositions:
– The industry’s most engaging, informative, and objective financial education content
– Clarity and confidence to help individuals make informed financial decisions
– Access to the IFW Network of Financial Professionals for everything financial
– Full implementation of effective, custom-tailored solutions for everyone’s unique needs
– Ongoing guidance and support to ensure maximum financial success through every stage of life