Having savings is important, especially when the savings are part of an emergency fund or a hedge against a loss of income. However, when you also have debt, in the form of an outstanding credit card balance or loan, you might want to consider whether you are better off using the money you have in savings to pay down debt. Whether it makes sense or not is determined by the interest rate you are earning on your savings versus the interest rate you are being charged on your outstanding loan balance. The difference between earning interest and paying it should give you a good indication of where you can get the best return.
The Institute of Financial Wellness is the first and most comprehensive multi-media network for financial education, resources, and services. In fulfilling our mission to help people “Get There” and live their best life, we deliver the following five unique value propositions:
– The industry’s most engaging, informative, and objective financial education content
– Clarity and confidence to help individuals make informed financial decisions
– Access to the IFW Network of Financial Professionals for everything financial
– Full implementation of effective, custom-tailored solutions for everyone’s unique needs
– Ongoing guidance and support to ensure maximum financial success through every stage of life